Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The dog ate my homework...

We didn't get to The Cheap Theater last night, but I have a perfectly good excuse.

Yesterday, I woke up with a sore throat, which sucked, though it didn't come as a surprise to me, since I should have known that my constant running for the last...three months would most likely shut down my immune system. I felt like crap, so I slept in a bit, and then I spent the rest of my day in a stupor.

At about 4:30, I gave up and took a nap until Paul got home. And just when I thought that I could get a little bit of pampering in my delirious state, Paul came home with a stomach ache ("My whole stomach feels like...pain," was how he explained it). So the two of us, as pathetic as any two human beings with minor illnesses can be, had some soup for dinner. And we agreed that, despite the fact that we had been looking forward to seeing Revenge of the Sith, it might not be the best day for it. So the farthest we got from home last night was the pharmacy on the corner.

Paul seems to be feeling better today, and I'm considerably less delirious, so we'll try again tonight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home