Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Withdrawal (23May06)

No, it's not the name of a movie that you've somehow missed. It's what I experienced last night.

This week, I was totally ready to go see Lucky Number Slevin (check out a review). In fact, it was the one thing that pulled me through the day. But when Paul' got home, he wasn't so sure we'd make it. With various holidays and family weddings and business trips on the horizon, we had some errands to run and things to do.

Still, we both really wanted to go. I mean, what's Tuesday without The Cheap Theater? Since the movie was a late one, we ate a quick dinner and decided to try to get a few things done before making our final decision. We parted ways and synchronized watches. We'd decide whether to abort Operation Cheap Theater at precisely 6:45.

Unfortunately, at 6:45, we were still scrambling to get things done -- so we made the difficult decision to skip the week. For various reasons, it'll be at least two weeks until I return to my beloved Cheap Theater. I don't know if I'll make it...

Then again, next Tuesday I'll be on the beach at my parents' cottage. I'll probably survive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home